For Immediate Release
LOS ANGELES – (January 23, 2018) – With so much national attention focused on workplace ethics, broadcaster, advocate and author Tavis Smiley has announced that he will moderate a 5-city town-hall tour entitled “The Conversation: Women, Men and the Workplace.”
Each event will feature a panel of experts in dialogue with each other and the audience, all recorded live for Facebook.
“One month ago, I called for a national conversation to discuss how to create safe and healthy workplaces, where women and men can engage each other with respect and without fear of reprisal,” said Smiley. “This five-city tour, free and open to the public, is consistent with that commitment, as we address what constitutes acceptable office protocol and how we go about balancing power to the level of equality.”
Tour dates for “The Conversation” are:
- January 29, 2018 – 7:00pm – Los Angeles, Nate Holden Performing Arts Center
- January 30, 2018 – 7:00pm – New Orleans, Dillard University
- January 31, 2018 – 6:00pm – Washington, D.C., George Washington University
- February 1, 2018 – 7:00pm – Chicago, The Faith Community of St. Sabina Church
- February 2, 2018 – 7:00pm – Indianapolis, Witherspoon Presbyterian Church
Registration for all events is required. Please see below links for each city.
- Los Angeles: https://theconversationla.eventbrite.com
- New Orleans: https://theconversationnola.eventbrite.com
- Washington, DC: https://gwutickets.com/online/seatSelect.asp?BOset::WSmap::seatmap::performance_ids=CE4476AD-5014-4CAB-8C3D-A58FB182CE19
- Chicago: https://theconversationchicago.eventbrite.com
- Indianapolis: https://theconversationindianapolis.eventbrite.com
About Tavis Smiley
From his celebrated conversations with world figures to his work to inspire the next generation of leaders, broadcaster, author, publisher, advocate and philanthropist, Tavis Smiley has emerged as an outstanding voice for change. He was managing editor and host of Tavis Smiley on PBS for 14 seasons, and is set to begin a new talk show, The Upside with Tavis Smiley, in the spring of 2018. Smiley has written 22 books, and his nonprofit Tavis Smiley Foundation has just concluded a $3 million four-year campaign called “ENDING POVERTY: America’s Silent Spaces” to alleviate endemic poverty in America. Cited by TIME magazine as one of “The World’s 100 Most Influential People,” Smiley is the recipient of nearly 20 honorary doctorate degrees, and has been celebrated with a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
Editor’s note: For high resolution jpgs or to schedule an interview with Mr. Smiley, please contact Ginger Campbell (firstname.lastname@example.org).